Please join us for what's shaping up to be a great event in Paris - the guest list includes a writer, a storyteller, a couple from Washington DC, a screenwriter, two others besides the chef, the oenophile, the affable Paris PR man (Terrance Galenter), and the gracious host-art gallerist, Grace Teshima. Address details to be provided with registration. Don't hesitate to inquire.
Vertical Tasting of Pessac-Léognan Château Le Sartre Reds + 1 white - in Paris!!
Discover a vertical tasting of a Pessac Léognan (Bordeaux Graves), featuring the amazing complexity of Château Le Sartre wines. Château Le Sartre was a well-known winery in the 19th century, and was rediscovered in the late seventies by the Perrin family, owners of Château Carbonnieux. Since 2005 the 36 hectares (90 acres) estate with first-rate terroir has been dutifully and attentively managed by the late Antony Perrin’s sister Marie-José Leriche and her husband, René Leriche.
- Start with the Chateau Le Sartre, White, 2011, one of the best examples of a dry white Bordeaux wine. Discover the signature of a sauvignon and its typical flavor profile.
- Next move to 3 different reds. A vertical tasting of Château Le Sartre will showcase how different years and aging can affect the tast of this rich, complex wine. Years that will be tasted: 2012, 2008 and 2005. Discover the evolution of these exceptional left bank Bordeaux wines.
- Gourmet food pairings are part of the program (see below).
Eric Anthonissen, Univerisity of Bordeaux diploma, "Initiation to Oenologie", will walk you through this workshop in a highly personal way. Don't be surprised if he throws in a story here or there!
Your Host & Location
Note that this workshop is occurring in Paris at Grace Teshima's lovely apartment in the Montmartre district. She regularly hosts events so ask to be added to her mailing list!
- 64€ per person.
- Bite-size gourmet food pairings (examples: white asparagus with grapefruit Hollandaise, Yellow curry with vegetables and black sesame rice, charcuterie & cheese from the Southwest, lamb and ratatouille skewers with white garlic sauce, rib eye steak and Sarladaise potatoe skewers with mushroom bordelaise sauce.) Please inquire for vegetarian substitutions.
- Please register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 06 82 71 70 10.
- Registration Deadline: Before May 24th.
- By reservation only.
Wines Available for Purchase
Additionally, Eric will transport some wines from the southwest of France for sale at the event: 2011 White (22€/bottle) and 2012 Red (20€/bottle). No obligation to buy!! Please indicate your potential interest by the 24th of May.
Parker ratings for Chateau Le Sartre: 89 for the 2011 white and 88 for the red 2012. For more information on these wines: lesartre.com